Snow removal reminders
Winter has finally decided to show up in the first week of December and there are a few rules to remember if you live in Kalamazoo.
1. Kalamazoo residents must clear sidewalks adjacent to their property within 48 hours.
2. Salt and/or sand should be applied immediately
3. All water hydrants must be cleared, including a 2-foot path around them.
4. Do not shovel snow into the street.
5. Parking on city streets from 2 to 6 a.m. is prohibited.
6. Be attentive to any other parking restrictions.
7. If your street hasn't been plowed in the normal time frame contact traffic operation with the city or report it online
8. If your mailbox is damaged by snow plows contact the street division.
For any questions on snow removal visit Kalamazoo's snow removal guide here or your city's website.