Crews battle overnight garage fire in Gobles


GOBLES, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Firefighters are investigating what sparked a garage fire in Gobles early Wednesday.

Flames broke out at the garage of a home in the 600 block of East Van Buren Streeet around 2 a.m. Wednesday.

Gobles Fire Chief Patrick Wioskowski tells Newschannel 3 crews arrived to find the garage fully engulfed in flames. He says the fire spread into a small part of the house but firefighters were able to put it out quickly.

Four people made it out of the home safely, and no one was hurt.

There is no word yet on what caused this fire, but Chief Wioskowski says it is not suspicious.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off