Cat injured in Kalamazoo house fire
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Kalamazoo Public Safety is investigating a house fire that injured a cat.
It happened in the 500 block of Phelps at about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Officers said they were able to quickly get the fire knocked down, and after about an hour they were able to get the fire fully extinguished.
The residents were home at the time of the fire and got out safely. A family cat was had to be rescued by officers and taken to a local veterinarian office for treatment.
The fire is currently being investigated by the Fire Marshal’s office.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety at 337-8139 or Silent Observer at 343-2100.