Boil water advisory issued in South Haven after water main break
SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - City officials in South Haven have issued a boil water advisory after a water main break in the 9200 block of Blue Star Highway Thursday evening.
- In order to repair the break, Department of Public Works crews have shut down water service in the following areas:
- All of Casco Township
- Parts of South Haven Township east of I-196, west of I-196, and north of M-43
- All of Baseline Road
- All of Kentucky and Virginia Avenues
- Bailey Avenue North of Wells Street
- Wells Street, east of Bailey Avenue
- Blue Star Highway in the City of South Haven
- and North Shore Drive, from Webster to Baseline.
Crews estimate that water service will be restored late Thursday night.
As a result of the reduced water pressure, the city advises that residents in the affected area boil water prior to consumption.
In addition, South Haven Public Schools and Covert Public Schools have canceled class Friday as a result of the incident.
We're told that the boil water advisory will likely last until sometime Sunday, but we will update as soon as we are able to do so.