Battle Creek police identify couple found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning


    Battle Creek police identify couple found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning. (WWMT/File)

    Battle Creek police released the names of the man and woman who died of carbon monoxide poisoning on Wednesday.

    Brandon Bull, 20, of Bronson and Cylie Canniff, 19, of Coldwater, were found dead at 8:14 a.m., Jan. 23, on an air mattress in a house being renovated in the 2000 block of Capital Avenue Southwest. The 5-month-old son of the couple was in a Kalamazoo hospital and was expected to survive. Police are not releasing his name.

    Bull was helping remodel the house where he and Canniff were found dead. A gas generator and a kerosene forced air heater were in the house and appeared to have been used. No one was supposed to be staying in the home because there was no power, water or heat.

    Fire crews found carbon monoxide levels of 900 parts per million on the second floor. Carbon monoxide detectors go off when a level of 35 parts per million is reached.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...