Just four miles north of Centreville, Michigan, the Langley Covered Bridge is the longest remaining wooden covered bridge in the state. Named for Thomas W. Langley and family, pioneers who helped to establish the village in the mid 1880s, the bridge was built in 1887. The builder was Pierce Bodmer. In 1910, when the Sturgis Dam was built, the bridge was raised eight feet. On Aug. 31, 1965, the bridge was designated as a Michigan State Historic Site.