WWMT - wwmt.com - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Apartment residents use balconies to escape fire, 3 taken to hospital

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) Residents jump from balconies to escape a fire in a Grand Rapids apartment building.

Newschannel 3's Julia Fello has more from Grand Rapids.

It happened around 3:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon in the Danbury Apartments in the 2800 block of Marshall Ave. SE.

Firefighters say a woman and an infant suffered burns and smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital. A third person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Crews say the fire started in a first-floor kitchen.

The Red Cross is on the scene to assisting residents.