WWMT Newschannel 3 - Search Results
Fire on high-voltage pole leaves thousands without power
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Consumers Energy has stated that a fire on a high voltage pole has knocked out power for thousands in Battle Creek near Columbia Avenue on Thursday night.
The lights went out just before 9:00 p.m., Consumers said.
The company says that at this time, they are uncertain as to a cause for the fire which sparked at a high-voltage pole in the southeast part of Battle Creek, and do not have an estimated restoration time.
All told, nearly 6,000 people in the Battle Creek area are without power following Thursday night's fire and Wednesday's violent storm.