WWMT Newschannel 3 - Search Results
Diamond Pet Foods announces recall
(NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Diamond Pet Foods is pulling their cat food off the shelves in 25 states due to a nutrition concern.
Veterinarians are saying the food has low levels of thiamine, which is an essential vitamin for cats to help regulate their nervous system function.
Early signs of thiamine deficiency include decreased appetite, vomiting, salivating, and weight loss.
In extreme cases, cats will have trouble walking, or even have seizures.
Michigan is one of the states where the product is being recalled.
Several different Diamond Pet Food types are falling under the recall.
The Diamond list of affected products can be found here.
However, BluePearl Veterinary Partners advises discontinuing use and returning or discarding certain bags of food from Diamond. Their list is as follows:
- Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat Formula 18 lb. bags NGF0703 10-Jul-2013 Massachusetts
- Premium Edge Finicky Adult Cat Formula 6 lb. bags NGF0802 15-Aug-2013, 16-Aug-2013 Florida, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia
- Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management Formula 6 lb. and 18 lb. bags NGS0101 03-Jan-2014, 04-Jan-2014 Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma
- Premium Edge Senior Cat Hairball Management Formula 6 lb. and 18 lb. bags NGS0702 10-Jul-2013 Florida, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia
- Premium Edge Kitten Formula 6 oz. samples, 6 lb. and 18 lb. bags MKT0901 26-Sept-2013, 29-Sept-2013, 30-Sept-2013, 02-Oct-2013 Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia
- Diamond Naturals Kitten Formula 6 oz. samples and 6 lb. bags MKT0901 30-Sept-2013 Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina
- 4health All Life Stages Cat Formula 5 lb. and 18 lb. bags NGF0802 14-Aug-2013, 18-Aug-2013 Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia