WWMT - wwmt.com - Search Results The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available. Cooking class explosion hurts 5 at Chicago schoolCHICAGO (AP) - Officials say five students were burned, including one seriously, after an explosion and fire during a Chicago high school cooking class.Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford says four students at Northside College Prep High School were taken to hospitals after gas ignited in a biology lab while students were heating hot chocolate. Langford says the gas caused "a flash" explosion.A fifth student declined treatment.Chicago Public School officials issued a statement saying the "small fire" occurred on a single-burner stove during "routine cooking instruction."Sprinklers extinguished the fire that was reported around 10:30 a.m. The 1,000-student school was briefly evacuated.Langford says the most seriously injured student received burns to the face, neck and arms.A spokesman at Swedish Covenant Hospital said two patients there are stable.