Road Closures due to weather, flooding
Updated: Friday, April 19 2013, 03:45 PM EDT
Newschannel 3 has been monitoring road closures in the wake of the storms hitting West Michigan, and we've set up this page to keep you up to speed on closures as they come in.
*In Kent County
- Summit from 13 Mile Rd. to 12 Mile Rd.
- Tyrone Ave. from 21 Mile Rd. to 22 Mile Rd.
- Peach Ridge Ave. from M-37 to 15 Mile Rd.
- Sparta Ave. from 13 Mile to O'Conner
- Division Ave. from Fonger to 11 Mile Rd.
- Cramton & Leonard
- Walker from 5 Mile to 6 Mile
- Division from Hayes to 7 Mile
- Conservation from Cramton to Pettis
- Burlingame Ave. between 92nd St. and 100th St.
- 72nd St. from Byron Center to Ivanrest
- 64th between Woodspointe and Byron Center
- Burlingame from 60th to 68th
- 68th St., Division to Clay
- Clyde Park from 76th to 84th
- 92nd St. from Ivanrest to Byron Center
- 84th St. from Kenowa to Wilson
- 76th St. from Clyde Park to US-131
- Vergennes between Parnell & Boynton
- 60th St. west of Alden Nash
- Patterson between Burton and 28th
- 36th St. between Quiggle & Cherry Lane
- Whitneyville & 68th
- Morse Lake between 52nd & 60th
- Hanna Lake between 60th and 68th
- McCabe from 3 Mile to 4 Mile
- Baker from 100th to 108th
- 68th from Wingeier to Pratt Lake
- 64th from Pratt Lake to Montcalm
- 60th St. from Bancroft to M-50
- 66th St. from Whitneyville to McCords
- Cherry Valley from 76th St. to 84th St.
- 100th St., M-37 to Duncan Lake
- 108th St. from Morse Lake to Moe St.
- Vergennes from Boynton to Parnell
- McPherson from Lincoln Lake to Parnell
- 2 Mile Rd. from Alden Nash Ave. to Murray Lake Ave.
- 4 Mile Rd. east of McCabe
- Parnell from 2 Mile Rd. to 3 Mile Rd.
- Ivanrest at Buckcreek
- 34 Street (Ivanrest to Wayburn)
- 44th at Kenowa
- Sanford south of Busch
- Basswood north Shady Oaks
- Shady Oaks east of Basswood
- Spartan Industrial Drive at Pine Creek
- Fairlanes south of Chicago Drive
- Franklin (2900 Block)
- White to Division
- Carlton Park at Elwood
- Canal Street and Wilson Street bridges over Buck Creek are also threatening to be flooded.
*In Branch Co.
- Fisher Rd. between Brocklebank and Hoops Rd.
- Willowbrook between Fall River Dr., and Whites Dr.
- Gorbell Rd., north of Jonesville Rd.
*In Ottawa Co.
Grand Haven District
- 104th South of Wilson
- Taft North of 104th
- Old 16 East of 112th (Camel Back Bridge)
- 90th South of Leonard
- 26th & Winans (1/2 RD closed)
- Johnson at 16th
- Wilson West - 68th (culvert collapse)
- 24th Ave. under I-96
- Linden Dr. –Old M-45
- Coolidge between 24th & 16th
North Holland District
- 72nd at Business Loop 196 Pending Closure
- Ottawa Beach Rd. by Ottawa Beach Inn
- Business Loop I-96 at 100th Turnback (wet)
- 84th South of Adams
- Felch between 72nd & 80th
- 104th South of Adams to Mason
- City of Zeeland – 104th by Chicago Dr. & M-121
- 120th South of Riley
- US 31 at New Holland
- 112th & Lakewood
- 76th & Bingham
- Adams & 80th
- M-121 at 48th
- 48th North of New Holland
- 12th North of Taylor
- 28th between Baldwin & Bauer
- Quincy between 8th & Kenowa (pending closure)
- Baldwin between 54th & 56th
- 40th & New Holland
- 6035 Barry
*Per the City of Grand Rapids, Riverside Park and the North Park Bridge are both also closed due to the high water levels.
*Per the Michigan Dept. of Transportation, the following ramps in Ottawa or Kent County are closed due to flooding:
- Eastbound I-196 exit ramp to Chicago Drive
- Eastbound Chicago Drive entrance ramp to Eastbound I-196
- Westbound Chicago Drive entrance ramp to Westbound I-196