Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed in US  DALLAS (AP) - Federal health officials have confirmed that a patient being treated at a Dallas hospital has tested positive for Ebola.

BREAKING NEWS

Bullets explode during house fire

Updated: Wednesday, March 6 2013, 08:39 AM EST
Bullets explode during house fire story image
HASTINGS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Firefighters faced a serious potential hazard while battling a house fire near Hastings Wednesday morning.

When crews arrived on scene, the homeowner told them he could hear bullets exploding inside his home.
    
He believed his gun safe caught fire and set them off.

The man who lived inside the home on Buehler Road discovered the flames around 1am.
    
No one was injured as crews from four different fire departments worked to put the fire out.
    
However, the Freeport Fire Department tells NewsChannel 3 the home is a total loss.

“There’s no indication of what may have started the fire, but we do know it started in the laundry room area,” says Lt. Lani Forbes of the Freeport Fire Department. “The homeowner was in the house when the fire started but the homeowner got out fine.”

The Red Cross has been called to help the man who lived in the home.



Bullets explode during house fire
comments powered by Disqus

Top Stories

advertisement
Sponsored content
advertisement