Snake blamed for Texas house fire
Updated: Friday, March 22 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
BOWIE COUNTY, Texas (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A fire destroyed a house in Bowie County, Texas on Wednesday, and now the homeowner is blaming a snake.
She says she was cleaning up around the house Wednesday night when she saw the reptile.
Apparently the first thought she had in her mind was to toss gasoline on the snake and light it on fire.
The snake slithered into a pile of brush, setting her home and a neighboring house on fire.
There is no word yet as to whether or not additional charges will be filed.