McDonald's customer drinks liquid detergent
Updated: Wednesday, February 6 2013, 01:54 PM EST
CHINA (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - McDonald's could be looking at a serious lawsuit after a customer was accidentally served a cup of liquid detergent instead of soda.
It happened in China. The restaurant says one of its employees left the cup filled with detergent sitting on the counter and a customer grabbed it, assuming it was her soda.
After taking a drink the woman immediately felt a burning sensation and became ill.
Doctors say it did significant damage to her digestive tract.
McDonald's has issued an apology but it's likely looking at some money damages as well.