Florida police officers' selfie goes viral after drawing flirtatious comments
WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) —
A selfie posted to the Facebook of the Gainesville Police Department in Florida Sunday went viral after attracting flirtatious comments.
Captioned "Officers Nordman, Hamill and Rengering ... part of the night crew getting ready to do some work," the selfie of three officers had over 80,000 likes and 66,000 shares as of Tuesday afternoon.
One of the comments read "The hunkapotumus is a rare, elusive and mythical creature. Here we are lucky to see three huddled together in the wake of Hurricane Irma...Send them my way and they will be well taken care of."
Another Facebook user wrote: "But who will protect these guys from an impending Cougar attack?"
Yet another posted, "This pic is exactly why your grandmother always told you to wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."
The Gainesville Police Department played right along, responding to comments and even updating the post:
1. We are dying with the comments. You've actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your 'incident'
6. There WILL be a calendar.
"Thank you for all the hilarious comments," the update continued. "They have brightened up our time here.
"As for the calendar, we are going to try and do something fairly quickly and funds raised will go to Hurricane Irma recovery here in Florida."