MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Utah woman severely burned after drinking ice tea laced with cleaner

      UTAH (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A Utah woman remains in critical condition with severe burns after sipping ice tea that was laced with a chemical used to clean cooking equipment.

      "First words to her husband were I think I just drank acid," said Attorney Paxton Guymon.

      According to an attorney for the victim, the tea was laced with a highly toxic cleaning solution that contained the odorless chemical lye.

      A worker mistook the cleaner for sugar.

      This happened at a fast food place on Sunday.

      67-year-old Jan Harding is now in a Salt Lake City hospital's burn unit, unable to talk and fighting for her life.

      She's shown no signs of improvement since the incident.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER