Streets in Kalamazoo still closed due to flooding
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) —
The following streets are closed due to flooding, per the City of Kalamazoo:
- Crosstown Parkway between Park Street to Portage Street
- Lake Street between Portage Street to Burdick Street
- Burdick Street between Stockbridge Avenue and Burr Oak Court
- Park Street between Crosstown Parkway and Forest Street
- Jasper Street between Crosstown Parkway and Walnut Street
- Dutton Street between Portage Street and Jasper Street
- Vine Street between Jasper Street and Portage Street
- Reed Court between Stockbridge Avenue and Reed Street
- Stockbridge between Burdick Street and Crosstown Parkway
- Rose Street from Forest Street to Wall Street
The city advises motorist to seek alternate routes and avoid streets where flooding is visible.
Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety said if drivers choose to disregard traffic barricades, drive into flood water in the streets and their vehicles become disabled, they will be towed in order to maintain open roadways once flood waters subside.
McDonald's Towing is assisting the City of Kalamazoo with removing the vehicles left in the flooded streets.
Many of the closed streets are near Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo. For more information on the best route to Bronson Hospital or additional information regarding the floods, click here.
Kalamazoo Public Schools said on their Facebook page that buses will not travel on closed or flooded roads Monday. KPS said, "delays may be experienced as buses may have to detour around impassable roads."