Several without home after townhouse fire in Portage

PORTAGE, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Several people are left without a home after a townhouse fire in Portage.

Around 1 a.m. Saturday, crews were called to the scene in the 6000 block of Applegrove Lane in Portage. Crews said they found smoke coming from upstairs, in the master bedroom.

Everybody was able to get out safely. The fire was put out in about five minutes.

Firefighters tell Newschannel 3 they believe the fire was accidental. Witnesses say a candle may be to blame. The fire is under investigation.