Highways closing for bridge project
LOWELL TOWNSHIP, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - There is an alert for drivers in Kent County.
A portion of I-96 and M-50 will be closed for a bridge demolition and replacement.
Here's what to expect:
- M-50 (Alden Nash Avenue) will close over I-96 for bridge demolition 7:30 p.m. TONIGHT (Friday) through 5 a.m. this Monday.
- From 9 p.m. TONIGHT through 5 a.m. this Monday, I-96 will be reduced to one lane and traffic will exit and re-enter I-96 using the off and on ramps at M-50. Right turns will be allowed from I-96 to M-50.
- By 5 a.m. this Monday, M-50 and I-96 will reopen, and M-50 traffic will be shifted over to the new bridge in its temporary location through October.
- M-50: 52nd Street, Segwun Avenue and Cascade Road (Cascade will be open for this detour)
- Westbound I-96: Follow posted detour to entrance ramp at 28th Street.
- Eastbound I-96: Follow posted detour to entrance ramp at Nash Highway.