MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fireworks ignite massive fire inside a Kalamazoo home

Crews battle massive flames at a home in Kalamazoo after fireworks catch fire.

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Right now, crews are battling a massive fire at a home in Kalamazoo.

It started around 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning near Portage Street and Lake Street.

Kalamazoo Public Safety tells Newschannel 3 a stockpile of fireworks went up in flames and were shooting out of the house when they arrived.

Officers described the scene like it was the Fourth of July.

At this point, they aren't sending any firefighters inside the home because they said the explosives are too dangerous.

The cause of the fire is still unknown, according to police. The fireworks ignited the fire causing significant damage.

We're told the family who lives at the home got out safely and no one was injured.

It's unclear how the fireworks caught fire.

Stay with Newschannel 3 for updates on this developing story.

Trending