Back-to-School Recipe: Pesto Chicken Salad Pita Wrap
Serving Size: 1 Stuffed Pita
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ? teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- ½ cup grated carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
- 4 mini whole wheat pita rounds, split
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Combine mayonnaise, pesto, lemon juice and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Add chicken and carrots; stir to combine.
- Stuff each pita evenly with spinach leaves and chicken salad mixture.
SOURCES: Touchpoint Support Services, Borgess Health, Ascension, and Eatright.org
(The Chicken Salad Pita Wrap recipe comes from Eatright.org contributor Jessica Cox, a registered dietitian, culinary nutritionist and chef based in Birmingham, Ala.)