Doc Talk - Kids Back to School Sleep Schedules
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Back to school--it also means back to early bed times, and even earlier wake up calls.
So, to help your child rise to shine in the classroom, Newschannel 3's Erica Mokay is sitting down with a sleep specialist to go over some nighttime dos and don'ts.
She has the answers in this week's Doc Talk.
Sleep recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Ages 4-12 months: 12-16 hours (including naps)
- Ages 1-2 years: 11-14 hours (including naps)
- Ages 3-5 years: 10-13 hours (including naps)
- Age 6-12 years: 9-12 hours
- Age 13-18 years: 8-10 hours